Infrared saunas help restore skin to a youthful appearance.
Aging is caused by a variety of things including genetics, lifestyle and toxic buildup both biological and environmental. Outside of lifestyle, the primary cause for aging skin is the reduction of collagen and elastin proteins produced by the body. As our skin ages it loses its soft, supple and elastic properties.
Now, we all know that beating time is a losing fight but we certainly try. We have many options to reduce the signs of aging; potions, lotions, crèmes, expensive cosmetic treatments and sometimes surgery that may have limited effects or questionable long-term safety. We have joined the anti-aging fight and we love our all natural method to not only reduce the signs of aging in our skin but throughout our body.
Studies have found conclusive evidence that the application of far infrared light tuned to the human body improves varicose veins, age spots, dark circles, acne, scars, psoriasis, and eczema. Far Infrared also accelerates the healing and recovery process from burns, wounds, lacerations, and skin ulcers.
How does far infrared affect so many skin disorders?
The skin is the largest organ in the body protecting everything inside the body. When we breathe, ingest, drink, or absorb environmental toxins the body processes these toxins through the liver and kidneys to then expel as waste. Some environmental toxins are so toxic your liver and kidneys don’t want anything to do with them. The body must do something with deadly toxins to maintain the health of our organs, so it stores these toxins in the subcutaneous layer of skin. When far infrared light is applied to the body, the body’s natural reaction is to cool itself releasing hormones from the hypothalamus to the eccrine sweat glands throughout the body. As you begin to sweat the body’s consumption of oxygen increases and blood flow increases sending oxygen, nutrient and immune responsive rich blood to the surface layers of the skin. As cells begin to vibrate water clusters storing toxins in the subcutaneous layer of fat break apart. Toxins are secreted through the body’s natural cooling process of sweating. It makes sense, when we clean our bodies from the inside out, skin conditions improve, purging waste, dirt, bacteria, and toxins eliminating disease at the source.
Far-Infrared has proven effectiveness for the following skin conditions:
- Acne – assistive in the elimination of viral and bacterial pathogens ultimately shrinking the sebaceous glands.
- Age spots – infrared light is effective in balancing hyper- and hypo- pigmentation for a more even skin tone.
- Allergies and allergic rashes
- Balding (alopecia) – medically proven to arrest hair loss and stimulate new growth.
- Body odor – bromhidrosis, osmidrosis and ozochrotia are all reduced or alleviated with the application of far infrared sauna.
- Burns/scald – Far infrared can remove keloids or overgrown scar tissue and it can stimulate tissue growth.
- Sunburn- Far infrared radiation is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation or sunburn.
- Clogged pores
- Ear, nose, throat diseases – ear, tinititis, chronic middle-ear inflammation of infection
- Nose – chronic sinusitis
- Wound healing – When a far infrared is applied to wounds our bodies increase the nitric oxide concentration to the affected area which correlate with vasodilatory and anabolic responses improving healing in skin ulcers, lacerations and bed sores. The enhanced delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body’s soft tissue promotes regeneration and accelerated healing.
- A recently reported study conducted by Ju Hee Lee, Mi Ryung Roh, and Kwang Hoon Lee in the Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology Research Institute at the Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea reported “IR (infrared radiation) may result in beneficial effects on skin texture and wrinkles by increasing collagen and elastin in the dermis.”
- Jeffey Dover, MD, Boston, ELLE Magazine March 2004 HTE’s Far infrared ‘sauna’ or a far infrared lamp treatment appears to open pores that have been malfunctioning for years, forcing out clogging cosmetics, and loosening dry outer skin, healing acne and scars.